The stricken Swiss lender posted a one-off 12.43 billion Swiss franc profit for the first quarter of 2023, due to the controversial write-off of 15 billion Swiss francs of AT1 bonds by the Swiss regulator as part of its emergency takeover by domestic rival UBS.
- Case for gold fever: NewEdge Wealth sees record rush intensifying
- Charlie Munger’s acumen, wisdom and irreverence: Investors mourn the loss of one-of-a-kind legend
- Zero-day commodity options have now entered the ETF space
- Are you looking to opt out of your 401(k)? Your employer may put you back in
- Fed Chair Powell calls talk of cutting rates ‘premature’ and says more hikes could happen